Fixture Manufacturer in India
We are an award winning fixture manufacturer in India. We design and manufacture OD Profile Checking Fixtures, Bore Checking Fixtures, Calibration Checking Fixtures, Height Checking Fixtures, Holding Fixtures, Sensor Holding Fixtures, Circlip profile and Seat Fixture, Depth Checking Fixture, Holding Fixture, Calibration Fixtures etc. With an experience of over 3 decades in the engineering industry, there is no fixture that we cannot engineer. Our fixtures have been known to reduce manufacturing costs owing to their accuracy, durability and quality.
What is a Mechanical fixture?
A fixture is a fixed work holding device engineered to facilitate production. They can hold, support, and locate a work piece at a desired position. They are used in multi-dimensional machining such as drilling, milling, turning, grinding etc. Fixtures are used as a work holding device to secure and stabilize the work item. Primary function of a fixture is to check and inspect production during the manufacturing process. Fixtures assist technicians to carry out special type of job work with more precision, accuracy & reliability to complete the manufacturing of a product. Mechanical fixtures play an important role in the stability and ease of interchangeability of items during the manufacturing process. For example: 2 heavy metal parts are to be joined with screws and arc welding. Using a fixture will help secure the two separate parts in a designated area for the craftsman to complete the job easily & without the risk of injury.
Uses of Mechanical Fixtures:
- Mechanical Fixture are used for accuracy and quality control.
- They facilitate easy location, for support and stability of work piece.
- Used as base for holding heavy machine parts.
- Used for controlling the work piece
- Used for lathing purposes
- Used for securely holding the work piece for grinding purposes.
- Facilitate Interchangeability
- They are used for safety of workers and reduce accidents.
- They help in moving heavy machine parts easily.
- With predetermined locations, they reduce the need for supervision and the work can be carried out by semi-skilled workers.
Types of Mechanical Fixtures
By stabilizing and securing components in a designated area, mechanical fixtures increases efficiency and enable a semi-skilled worker perform job work of a skilled craftsman. Let’s understand some of the most common applications where mechanical fixtures are used:
Grinding Fixture – As the name suggests. Grinding fixtures are used to hold the work piece and assist with surface, external or internal grinding. These can be used for
Inspection Fixture – These are used for inspection operations and the primary function is to hold the work piece in a supporting position to complete the inspection effortlessly.
Assembly Fixtures – They hold the different parts in a dedicated positions during the assembly process. For eg: two parts needed to be joined with the help of bolts. To ensure that both parts align perfectly, a custom assembly fixture can help. Work piece with deformity, non-uniformity or inferior manufacturing can be rejected easily using them.
Modular or Special Purpose Fixtures – It is imperative that both, the work piece and the operator are comfortable while working. That’s why modular fixtures are an ideal choice that offer stability of work piece in a temporary setup. These can be customized as per need basis.
Miscellaneous Fixtures – There are many other applications such as milling, lathe, turning process where fixtures are used. They help reduce vibration during the jobwork, increase speed and reduces wastage.
In the mechanical world, We understand that every product is unique. They involve a distinctive set of actions in the manufacturing process. For that you may need a specialized, custom fixture. We are also on youtube to educate and share information that we must. Check out a couple of demo video of a fixture made by us.
Special Purpose Fixture
Valve Pocket Checking Fixture
Fixture Manufacturing Process
We take great care during the fixture manufacturing process. To ensure that we manufacture & deliver a zero-error batch, we follow a personalized approach that allows us to reduce errors and delivery time. Our process includes:
- First Contact: Upon request we get in touch and discuss all the requirements and see if they have the diagram or the product for drafting purpose.
- Drafting: Once, all the details are received. We draft the layout of the product, costing, features and time line. This is sent to the customer for review and confirmation. This process is repeated till the time we have the approval and go ahead from client to initiate manufacturing process.
- Manufacturing: Being an ISO certified company, we adhere to the standards of manufacturing process and the process is complete when the batch is made to a micron-perfect level.
- Delivery: The finished products are sent for inspection and only after the OK from quality team, finished products are sent out for delivery.
Benefits of Fixtures to Manufacturers
- They can use a semi-skilled worker to carry out job work.
- They increase efficiency during the production process.
- They Help inspect the unfinished part.
- Cost effective when compared to large scale jigs.
- Portable and easy to move around.
It is easy to confuse a fixture with a Jig as they are almost the same. It is different from a Jig which is a more complex design that involves control of tool along with holding the part for precision machining. It is safe to say that once a fixture is made, it acts like a high precision tool that reduced the manufacturing manual efforts, cost and time.
Sawhney Engineering Company is a full time engineering company and a dedicated Fixture Manufacturer in India. That said, we are not just limited to the domestic market. We have healthy base of International clients as well. Our portfolio also include manufacturing and desinging of Spindles, Shafts, Precision Components, CNC Machine Tool Holder and Gauges.